Q: What work authorization and internship opportunities are available to foreign students with residence certificates for study?

A: Under the new rules,A�anA�personA�with a residence certificateA�for study who wants to take a part-time job or internship off campus should obtain approval from the school, then apply to the PSB Exit-Entry AdministrationA�for a notation to the residence certificate showing theA�part-time job or the location and period of internship off campus. (State Council regs, art. 22).A�Notice that short-term students with X2 visas do not have such opportunities.

The law delegates to the Ministry of Education the obligation to establish a framework for foreign students to obtain work authorization. (EEAL, art. 42.) Presumably, that framework will cover any rules related to on-campus employment as well.

Ita��s illegal for foreign students to work without authorization or beyond the scope authorized. (EEAL, art. 43(3).)


Related News

New Law Ensure International Students Work-study in China

Exit and Entry Administration Law of the Peoplea��s Republic of China 2013

Illegal foreigners targeted by Chinaa��s new exit-entry law obat meloxicam.